Structural Engineer/Senior Structural Engineer job opportunity
During our 2 decades of experience in commercial and residential surveying and structural engineering, we have established ourselves as a highly-respected independent building consultancy operating across England & Wales.
Job opportunity: structural engineer/senior structural engineer
West Midlands or Oxfordshire
Our structural engineering team is growing!
We would like to hear from experienced Midlands-, Birmingham- or Oxfordshire-based structural engineers interested in taking this fantastic opportunity to work in our well-established independent firm, across a broad range of commercial and residential sectors.
You will be carrying out structural engineering analyses and preparing structural calculations for a variety of commercial and residential building projects.
This will include beam calculations and design, structural roof calculations, steel element design, and structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber. There is also potential to get involved with structural feasibility studies, structural design review and technical due diligence.
The role is home-based and the patch will be tailored to the candidate’s home location.
We are looking for someone with the experience needed to work independently to a high standard. You need to have a recognised engineering degree. Chartered status with the Institute of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers is preferable. For those nearing chartership, we provide support and expert mentorship towards getting chartered.
You need to be confident and competent in computer analysis and structural design and able manage projects independently. Furthermore, you must have a thorough understanding of how the structure and fabric of buildings are put together, what can go wrong and how they can be affected by previous alterations and change of use.
You will have experience of:
- site visits and meeting with clients
- familiarity with a wide range of materials, including steel, masonry and concrete
- preparing and presenting technically robust reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
What we offer
- Salary of approx. £40–50K, depending on experience
- An excellent performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- 25+ days annual leave plus bank holidays
- car allowance
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all engineering and home office equipment
- life insurance
- pension contribution
- enhanced parental leave
Why Allcott Commercial
With over 2 decades of experience in the industry, Allcott Commercial is a trusted, independent professional firm providing commercial structural engineering and surveying expertise to a broad range of clients. Established in the Midlands, we now provide commercial property services across the UK.
You will have the option to work closely with clients and get involved with sourcing new business, with potential for mentoring and developing a team. In addition, as a key member of our nationwide practice of structural engineers and chartered surveyors, you will be providing technical advice and support on building surveys and specific defect reports.
Working with a multi-disciplined team, you will have support from people with a wide range of experience and expertise, to help you deliver the best quality work. This provides an opportunity to facilitate your own career progression by learning from different specialisms.
We are an independent company, which means we have the flexibility to design a package to meet your needs. Whether you want flexible working, the chance to try something different, we can make it work.
As an independent company we can tailor our employment packages.
Tell us what matters to you and we will do our best to make it work.