Commercial building surveyor job opportunity
Join our growing team of commercial building professionals, supporting clients with commercial surveying projects across the country.
Job opportunity: Senior/Associate Building Surveyor
Birmingham & West Midlands
We would like to hear from talented chartered building surveyors at Senior or Associate level based in Birmingham or the surrounding area. You will be joining our trusted, independent building consultancy providing a variety of commercial surveying services to a range of property investors, occupiers and developers across a range of commercial sectors.
We are looking for someone based in the West Midlands region to join our nationwide team of chartered commercial surveyors. The work is incredibly varied, and will include dilapidations, schedules of condition, pre-acquisition surveys, PPM surveys and contract admin. Our professionals are all home- rather than office-based, and the survey areas are based on each surveyor’s home location.
We have a fantastic multi-disciplined team of building surveyors and structural engineers spread across the country. The successful applicant will benefit from the diverse range of expertise within the team, working closely with colleagues to deliver high-quality survey services. We tailor each position to the candidate and their strengths and preferences – the role could include mentoring, growing a team or developing new specialties, if that is of interest.
Allcott Commercial is an independent company, which gives us the freedom to design a package to meet your needs. Ensuring everyone has an excellent work–life balance is critical to our way of working; whether you want flexible working, the chance to try something different or even the opportunity to become a partner in the company, for the right person, we can make it work.
We are looking for a Birmingham-based commercial building surveyor looking to work within a dynamic and growing company. You need to be chartered with the RICS or CIOB and be committed to delivering work at the highest standards.
You need to have strong attention to detail and be confident in carrying out high-quality commercial survey work independently.
You will have experience of:
- a broad range of commercial work
- for example: dilapidations, schedules of condition, contract administration, acquisition surveys and technical due diligence
- preparing and presenting technically robust reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
What we offer
- £45,000–£65,000, depending on experience
- An excellent performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- 25+ days annual leave plus bank holidays
- car allowance
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all surveying and home office equipment
- pension contribution
- life and health insurance
- enhanced parental leave
As an independent company we can tailor our employment packages.
Tell us what matters to you and we will do our best to make it work.