Flood, Fire & Subsidence Reinstatement: Project Management/Contract Administration
Allcott Commercial’s team includes experienced chartered RICS surveyors who specialise in assessing flood, fire and subsidence damage.
We specialise in conducting contract administration/project management for reinstatement works following insurance claims.
Our surveyors work closely with loss adjusters to ensure successful resolution of insurance claims and minimise the impact on businesses and homes. By helping to ensure that repair and reinstatement works stay on schedule and on budget, we make the process of getting businesses and properties back up and running as smooth as possible.
Want to know more?
Structural Steel Design & Calculations: Case Studies
Flood damage reinstatement
- Drying out the property can take several weeks, depending on the type of construction and materials used. Allcott Commercial proactively use this time to conduct competitive tendering and secure contractors for flood damage reinstatement. We project manage the process and set up schedules that stakeholders and review and agree upon before works start.
- Damage is most common to the ground floor, but can have far-reaching consequences. In addition to cosmetic issues, plaster and joinery are commonly affected. Electrics can be affected throughout the property. If properties contain asbestos, whether in wall insulation, joinery or in internal fittings such as vinyl tiles, additional management measures will be required during remedial works.
- We organise specialist decontamination to remove the hazardous residue left by flood water. We make sure that the health and safety of property owners and contractors are protected at all times.
Fire damage reinstatement
- The effects of fire can range from smoke and water damage, to complete destruction of a building.
- In addition to thorough commercial cleaning, redecoration and careful disposal of damaged materials, extensive rewiring is frequently required.
- We understand the importance of completely works in a timely manner to minimise the need to close business or house people in temporary accommodation.
- Reinstatement can be even more complex if the property contains specialist fittings, asbestos or is a thatched or listed building. The shared expertise of our nationwide team means that whatever the problem, we have experienced surveyors who are equipped to manage any situation.
- Subsidence is the sinking or collapsing of a building’s foundations, caused by movement of the ground beneath them.
- The immediate priority is to make the building safe; temporary shoring is often used before complex works can be carried out.
- Our surveyors and structural engineers work together to investigate the cause and extent of movement. We also assess whether or not there is a risk of further damage to the building. We examine not only cracks and fractures, but also the foundations themselves and surrounding ground, to gain a full understanding of the issues present.
- If mitigation to prevent further movement is not appropriate, reinstatement works commonly include underpinning. We also project manage remedial works to the building structure, whether this involves repairing cracks or a full rebuild.
Find out more about our reinstatement contract administration works: read our case studies
Looking for residential / home survey services?
Looking for a RICS Level 2 or Level 3 Building Survey or Specific Defect Survey for a privately-owned residential property? Our team of residential surveyors and engineers can help. Visit allcottassociates.co.uk or Get an Instant Quote.
Alternatively, Allcott Commercial provides surveying services for housing associations and other residential property owners.