Fire damage reinstatement works: case study
Allcott Commercial’s team includes experienced chartered RICS surveyors who specialise in assessing flood, fire and subsidence damage.
Works: Reinstatement and repair works following fire damage.
Property: Restaurant in Berkshire. This was a two-storey property, with a restaurant on the ground floor and kitchen and welfare facilities above. It had a profiled metal sheet roof, masonry walls with render finish, metal crittall windows.
Instructed by: Loss adjuster.
Want to know more?
Removal of damaged items
- Removal and replacement of roof.
- Removal of all rubbish and debris.
- Removal of all fixtures and fittings, including heavyweight items such as stainless steel cookers, claddings and worktops.
- Removal of electrical elements.
- Removal of mechanical extraction elements.
- Removal of all ceilings.
- Removal of all ceramic tiling in the kitchen.
- Removal of all PVCu plumbing.
- Isolation of all electrical elements at first floor level to allow for strip out works of electrical installation in its entirety.
Repair and reinstatement
- Thorough commercial clean.
- Thorough preparation and redecoration.
- Install ceramic tiling, rewire first floor, install lighting installations, install new suspended ceilings.
- Design and installation of new emergency lighting installation.
- Design and installation of new fire alarm and fire detection system, fire extinguishers.
- Replacement of of PVCu pipework.
- Supply and installation of new extraction system.
- Inspection and testing of gas safety.
- Replacement of CCTV system.
- For several items, such as the doors and extraction system, we were asked to find items that matched the damaged items.
- For others, such as the fire detection system and lighting systems and replacement roof, the contractor was asked to choose the items.
- The condition of some of the stainless steel kitchen fittings was unclear at first, so we provided separate costs for carefully removing and storing items, rather than disposing of them, in case this was appropriate.
Read more about our fire, flood and subsidence reinstatement contract administration work here.
Looking for residential / home survey services?
Looking for a RICS Level 2 or Level 3 Building Survey or Specific Defect Survey for a privately-owned residential property? Our team of residential surveyors and engineers can help. Visit allcottassociates.co.uk or Get an Instant Quote.
Alternatively, Allcott Commercial provides surveying services for housing associations and other residential property owners.