Allcott Commercial’s team includes chartered RICS surveyors with expertise in all aspects of contract administration, from investigative surveys and feasibility assessments right through to overseeing completion of the works.
Our structural engineers and chartered surveyors work together to closely manage your project, ensuring that construction is well-planned, well-executed and completed on time without extra hidden costs.
Our surveyors are used to working closely with third parties, such as loss adjusters and organisations like the NHBC, to ensure successful resolution of claims and minimise the impact on businesses and homes. By helping to ensure that repair and reinstatement works stay on schedule and on budget, we make the process of getting businesses and properties back up and running as smooth as possible.
Want to know more?
Flood, fire and subsidence reinstatement
Flood damage reinstatement
- Drying out the property can take several weeks, depending on the type of construction and materials used. Allcott Commercial proactively use this time to conduct competitive tendering and secure contractors for flood damage reinstatement. We project manage the process and set up schedules that stakeholders and review and agree upon before works start.
- Damage is most common to the ground floor, but can have far-reaching consequences. In addition to cosmetic issues, plaster and joinery are commonly affected. Electrics can be affected throughout the property. If properties contain asbestos, whether in wall insulation, joinery or in internal fittings such as vinyl tiles, additional management measures will be required during remedial works.
- We organise specialist decontamination to remove the hazardous residue left by flood water. We make sure that the health and safety of property owners and contractors are protected at all times.
Fire damage reinstatement
- The effects of fire can range from smoke and water damage, to complete destruction of a building.
- In addition to thorough commercial cleaning, redecoration and careful disposal of damaged materials, extensive rewiring is frequently required.
- We understand the importance of completely works in a timely manner to minimise the need to close business or house people in temporary accommodation.
- Reinstatement can be even more complex if the property contains specialist fittings, asbestos or is a thatched or listed building. The shared expertise of our nationwide team means that whatever the problem, we have experienced surveyors who are equipped to manage any situation.
- Subsidence is the sinking or collapsing of a building’s foundations, caused by movement of the ground beneath them.
- The immediate priority is to make the building safe; temporary shoring is often used before complex works can be carried out.
- Our surveyors and structural engineers work together to investigate the cause and extent of movement. We also assess whether or not there is a risk of further damage to the building. We examine not only cracks and fractures, but also the foundations themselves and surrounding ground, to gain a full understanding of the issues present.
- If mitigation to prevent further movement is not appropriate, reinstatement works commonly include underpinning. We also project manage remedial works to the building structure, whether this involves repairing cracks or a full rebuild.
- Our team of chartered surveyors and structural engineers have the expertise needed to ensure that your project runs smoothly and is delivered to the highest standard.
- Unlike other contract administration firms, we have in-house chartered structural engineers, who work closely with our surveyors to provide comprehensive assessments of defects, detailed specifications of the works required and expert advice on the optimal methods of construction.
- Following on from the initial feasibility assessments and SOW preparations, we support our clients throughout the entire project process. We manage the entire competitive tendering process for our clients, often utilising our network of tested and trusted suppliers.
- Once works begin, our site visits are done by chartered surveyors and structural engineers with expertise in the particular works being carried out, to ensure that any unforseen issues are identified early and rectified quickly, and that the project is managed accurately and professionally.
Get In Touch
Contact us by email or phone to discuss your commercial surveying requirements with our team of experts.
Contract administration: Case Studies
Fire Damage Reinstatement Works
Works: Provide contract administration for repairs to a property damaged by fire.
Property: Two-storey commercial property with a restaurant on the ground floor and welfare facilities on the second storey.
Instructed by: Loss adjustment firm.
Repair works across five-storey flats
Works: Conduct specific structural investigations into severe cracking, produce project specifications and provide contract administration for the works.
Property: Town-centre blocks of flats.
Instructed by: Property management company.