Commercial building surveyor job opportunity
During our 2 decades of experience in commercial and residential surveying and structural engineering, we have established ourselves as a highly-respected independent building consultancy operating across England & Wales.
Job opportunity: commercial building surveyor
We would like to hear from ambitious Oxfordshire- or Berkshire-based chartered building surveyors at Senior or Associate level interested in joining our well-established, independent and growing firm of property professionals.
We are looking for someone to support us with carrying out a wide range of commercial survey work. This will include landlord and tenant work, contract administration, reinstatement cost assessments and commercial building surveys. The role is home- rather than office-based. The area covered will be tailored to the candidate’s home location, and will be in the region of Oxford, Reading and the South-East of England.
You will join our nationwide, multi-disciplined team and will have support from surveyors and structural engineers with a diverse range of expertise. We offer the option to work closely with clients and get involved with sourcing new business, with potential for mentoring and developing a team if that is something you are interested in.
Because we are an independent company, we have the flexibility to design a package to meet your needs. Whether you want flexible working, the chance to try something different or even the opportunity to become a partner in the company, for the right person, we can make it work.
We are looking for a Oxfordshire- or Berkshire-based surveyor looking to build on their existing commercial survey experience within a growing firm. You need to be chartered with the RICS or CIOB and be able to commit to delivering an excellent service to our clients.
You need to have strong attention to detail and be confident in carrying out commercial survey work independently to a high standard.
You will have experience of:
- a broad range of commercial work
- for example: dilapidations, schedules of condition, contract administration, acquisition surveys and technical due diligence
- preparing and presenting technically robust reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
What we offer
- £45,000–£65,000, depending on experience
- An excellent performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- 25+ days annual leave plus bank holidays
- car allowance
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all surveying and home office equipment
- pension contribution
- life insurance
- enhanced parental leave
As an independent company we can tailor our employment packages.
Tell us what matters to you and we will do our best to make it work.