Stock Condition Survey Series Across the UK: Case Study
Brief: Carry out stock condition surveys of a nationwide series of properties to inform budgets and timescales for repairs and maintenance.
Property: Approx. 100 members clubs across the UK, from Shetland to Penzance.
Instructed by: The Royal Air Force Club.
Want to know more?
- We carried out building condition surveys for each property.
- The surveys comprised detailed inspections external and internal elements, and the production of reports summarising the condition of each major element of the building.
- Comprehensive photographs were included throughout each report, with camera poles and drones used to view areas that were not easily accessible.
- Estimated costs, along with prioritisation of the works, were provided for each property, along with a summary of total works required across the property portfolio.
- Properties ranged from modern builds to admin offices and converted residential terraces.
- We utilised our nationwide team, allocating surveys to the surveyors closest to the properties. This expedited the process and made use of their local knowledge.
- We developed a specific pro forma to ensure that survey reports were consistent. We also held regular catch ups to keep processes in line across our team, resulting in a uniform surveying approach and straightforward reports that were easy to interpret and action.
- Our administration team were also fully briefed on the project and were always available for liaison with the property managers to efficiently arrange access.
- Using a sizeable team on the project also allowed us to flex when the client required us to change plans at short notice and re-prioritise works.