Housing Condition Survey Series: Retrofits
Brief: Carry out RICS Level 3 building surveys for a company installing energy efficiency measures in Yorkshire.
Property: Over 60 period houses.
Instructed by: Retrofit consultants.
Want to know more?
- To comply with Path C of the PAS2035 Retrofit Risk Pathways, our client needed RICS Level 3 surveys for more than 60 houses over a period of 3 months.
- They had been asked to install energy efficiency measures in these properties as part of a government funded scheme.
- These houses required surveys because they were:
- in a conservation area;
- or in need of 5 or more retrofit measures.
- The surveys were in accordance with the RICS Home Survey Standard, Level 3.
- The client required a fast turnaround, so that our client could maximise the number of surveys that could be carried out while the funding was still available.
- At the same time, we had to make sure they were getting an in-depth reporting of any structural issues.
- One of the key challenges with this project was obtaining access.
- Often, several months had elapsed between the energy company briefing the resident on the process, and our receipt of the survey instruction.
- Our administration team spent time getting to know the requirements of the process so that they could explain these to residents; this was vital for obtaining timely access to the properties.
Looking for residential / home survey services?
Looking for a RICS Level 2 or Level 3 Building Survey or Specific Defect Survey for a privately-owned residential property? Our team of residential surveyors and engineers can help. Visit allcottassociates.co.uk or Get an Instant Quote.
Alternatively, Allcott Commercial provides surveying services for housing associations and other residential property owners.