Interim schedule of dilapidations for a landlord in Berkshire: Case Study
Brief: Our client wished to serve an interim schedule of dilapidations around a year before the expiry of a lease.
Property: Large, complex retail property in Berkshire.
Instructed by: The landlord: an international investment company.
Want to know more?
- We completed a desktop review of all the available documentation relating to the property, including the lease, a TDD report, the EPC, floor plans and the report on title. This allowed us to determine the dilapidations obligations.
- We discussed the landlord’s intentions for the property so that these could be accounted for.
- We arranged access and inspected the property to assess the tenant’s repair and decoration obligations.
- The Interim Schedule of Dilapidations was divided into three primary sections.
- The first dealt redecoration work; the second, reinstatement work and the third, repair work.
- The interim schedule was served on the tenants nearly a year before the end of their lease, allowing plenty of scope for discussions between their surveyors and ourselves.
- This means that the works can be scheduled straight after lease-end, to minimise the amount of time that the property is empty and maximise returns for the landlord.
Read more about our landlord and tenant dilapidations services here.
Looking for residential / home survey services?
Looking for a RICS Level 2 or Level 3 Building Survey or Specific Defect Survey for a privately-owned residential property? Our team of residential surveyors and engineers can help. Visit allcottassociates.co.uk or Get an Instant Quote.
Alternatively, Allcott Commercial provides surveying services for housing associations and other residential property owners.